Friday, June 25, 2010

Italy continued....

David, Michael, Meg and me are waiting for our train to Rome tonight. Meg and I were a little surprised by what Florence was like. It is quite a bustling city with lots of leather merchants and random old buildings scattered about. Once we got down to the bridges over the water it looked like the Florence I had heard about. It was very pretty and quite romantic. We luckily were there on the day they celebrate the patron saint of Florence so we saw a wonderful fire works show over the water with about a million other people. Florence definitely has the most English speaking people and more leather than I have ever seen. I would have brought my Dad back a brief case if we had the room. We arrive in Rome tonight and are doing a two day speed trip through Rome. We were thinking of spending three days there but I really want to spend a day in Tuscany so we might bug out a day early. Then we will spend some time in Cinque Terre. These last two days have been really hot and I bet Rome will be even hotter. We miss you all very much.

2 comments:

Lloyd said...

TUSCANY!!!! Do it. One of my favorite places, along with Capri and Ana-Capri. The two little islands off the Western Coast. Bummer you guys can't go there!

Nancy Angel said...

Rome should be so interesting - take lots of pictures! Interesting events on the home front...